When driving or riding in a vehicle through Las Vegas, Nevada law requires the use of seatbelts or child restraints for everyone inside of the vehicle. According to the Statutes of Nevada 1987, all vehicles from the year 1968 and newer must be equipped with lap belts in all of the available seats to be legal for driving on the road. Vehicles 1970 and newer must have the lap belts all around and shoulder belts for at least two of the front seats.
If you are caught not wearing a safety belt, you can be fined up to $25 for your first offense. While no demerit points will be placed on your record for this type of traffic ticket, a bench warrant can be issued if you ignore the seatbelt ticket. If a child is not properly secured in the appropriate child restraint or safety seat, a first offense can cost up to $500 or may result in a penalty that requires you to perform 50 hours of community service. Your driver’s license may also be suspended. Although a police officer may not pull you over, simply for not wearing your seatbelt, you can be issued a ticket if you have been pulled over for another traffic violation or another primary offense.
Seatbelt Ticket Las Vegas, Nevada
What You Should Know
Whether you are driving a car, truck, van, or SUV, you must follow Nevada laws in regards to safety belt usage. If you are not sure of the specific laws regarding the use of seatbelts in this state, you can re-read the driving rules or speak with an attorney to make sure you are following the laws.
Continue reading the full article “Seat Belt Ticket Las Vegas Nevada” on FixYourTickets.com
You can also read our legal guide about the “Nevada Seatbelt Ticket Laws” on Avvo.com
Have you lost your ticket? Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Lookup
Do you need to fix your traffic ticket? Fight Las Vegas Traffic Ticket
Do you have past due, unpaid tickets? Quash a traffic warrant
Or read our article about “Quashing a warrant in Las Vegas, Nevada“
Common Moving Violations in Nevada
Attorney Bennair R. Bateman – Abogado Benito
Grew up in Dallas, Texas and graduated from Hillcrest High School where he played football. He also lived for four and a half years in South America where he learned to speak Spanish fluently. He graduated from BYU with a degree in Political Science. Afterward, he worked on several political campaigns and worked for a non-profit educational foundation in the Washington DC area. After a while, he attended the William S. Boyd School of Law at UNLV. During his time in law school, he was a member of the Society of Advocates (Boyd Law’s moot court team) and served on its executive board. After law school worked at several prestigious law firms in Las Vegas before opening his own law office in February 2015.
Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Attorney
FREE consultation for traffic fines
Have you received a traffic citation in Nevada? Our attorneys at Fix Your Tickets can help you reduce or even discard your tickets. For a FREE consultation, contact Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Attorney Bennair Bateman 702-747-4444. In many cases, we can reduce your traffic tickets to a minor violation or dismiss them without the need for traffic school. Also, with the benefit of zero demerit points on your driving record.
Las Vegas Traffic Warrant Attorney
Las Vegas Traffic Warrant Attorney
If you need assistance with any type of warrant including Bench Warrant, Outstanding Warrant, Arrest Warrant, Search Warrant, or Traffic Warrant contact our Las Vegas Traffic Warrant Attorney to see if we can quash the warrant.
Do you need to speak with a traffic accident lawyer?
Have you suffered an injury due to a traffic accident in Nevada? If so, you may be due damages. Contact our Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Attorney to discuss your ability to win compensation to pay your lost earnings, loss of future wages, medical bills, pain, and suffering.
DUI Attorney Las Vegas
DUI Attorney Las Vegas, Nevada
If you have been pulled over and arrested for a DUI in Las Vegas, Nevada and you would like to speak with a DUI Attorney Las Vegas call 702-747-4444. Our Las Vegas DUI Lawyers can help with all DUI cases including Alcohol, Marijuana, Prescription drug, and Illegal Narcotics.
Fix Your Tickets
Las Vegas Attorney
Blog Posts in English
- Improper Turn Traffic Tickets in Nevada
- Failing to Stop for a School Bus in Nevada
- Carpool Lane Violations in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Illegal U-turn in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Reckless Driving Laws and Penalties
- Nevada’s “Hit & Run” Laws, Obligations, and Penalties
- Failing to Yield to Pedestrians at a Crosswalk Traffic Ticket
- Failure to Signal Traffic Violation Ticket
- Nevada’s Running a Red Light Traffic Laws
- Nevada’s DUI Fines and Penalties (1st, 2nd and 3rd Offenses)
- Nevada’s Driving Without Auto Insurance Laws
- Nevada Laws for Driving without Registration
- Quashing a warrant in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Las Vegas, Nevada’s Laws for Driving without a license
- Nevada Speeding Ticket Laws and Fines
- Las Vegas, Nevada Seat Belt Ticket Laws
- Demerit Point System in the State of Nevada
- Driving While Using a Cell Phone: Nevada Laws
Blog Posts in Español
- No detiene para un autobús escolar
- Violaciones del carril de Carpool
- Giro en U Ilegal
- Conducción imprudente Leyes y Sanciones
- Pega y Corre Leyes, Obligaciones y Penalidades
- No dar paso a los peatones
- Fallo en señalar la multa de infracción de tráfico
- Conduciendo a través de una luz roja
- DUI Sanciones y Multas
- Conducir sin licencia en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Conducir sin seguro de auto en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Conducir sin registro en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Cómo deshacerse de una orden de arresto en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Multa de Exceso de Velocidad en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Multa de Cinturón de Seguridad en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Sistema de punto Demerit de Nevada
- Conducir en Nevada: Las leyes de uso del teléfono celular de mano